Yes, it is possible to have Covid-19 safe travel, but it is essential to follow guidelines to help keep you and those around you safe. After four months of quarantine, getting out of town might be the best decision you can make for your mental health. Be sure to follow each country’s Covid-19 guidelines to help keep you and those around you safe.
Follow Scott & Thomas on Instagram.
Domestic Travel Ideas for Summer 2020:
Travelers looking to explore their own backyard should consider this a time to visit the off-the-beaten-path places that may be on their bucket lists. Consider hiking Glacier National Park in Montana, or scheduling a historical walking tour in Charleston, South Carolina. Or, see some of our favorites below:
Big Sur, California
Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
Joshua Tree National Park, California
Napa Valley, California
Mount Rainier, Washington
Glacier National Park, Montana
Charleston, South Carolina
International Travel during Covid-19:
International travel is still allowed with many countries requiring minimal restrictions. Below are
the countries you can escape to as of July 15, 2020.
Travel without requirements:
- Croatia – You will have to show proof of accommodation within the country at customs.
- Dominican Republic – Expect to have your temperature taken at the airport.
- Jamaica – Expect to have your temperature taken at the airport.
- Maldives – Opening procedures began on July 15th. Tourists can expect to be temperature checked, but are not expected to provide negative test results.
- Mexico – Only the Mexican states of Quintana Roo and Los Cabos are open for leisure travel, and you must arrive via plane. Pack your sunscreen and get ready for all-you-can-drink margaritas.
- Serbia – Though Belgrade is a level 4 and requires masks in all public places, get off the grid to somewhere like Sokobanja. Once a spa retreat for Roman emperors, Sokobanja boasts natural hot springs, hamams, and some of the cleanest air in all of Eastern Europe, known as a “climatic spa”.
- Tanzania – Expect a health screening upon arrival at the airport.
- Turkey – Expect to have your temperature taken at the airport.
- US Virgin Islands – Requirements can change at any moment, but currently, there are no restrictions.
Travel requiring a negative COVID test/ PCR test prior to arrival:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Aruba – Depending on the state you’re travelling from, there may be no restrictions, or a
negative COVID test may be required. See the requirements here.
- Cambodia – Visitors are required to pay a $3,000 travel deposit for any Covid-19 related
incidents and show proof of international medical coverage of at least $50,000. Visitors are also
responsible for footing the bill of their COVID tests taken in-country, which is a requirement.
- French Polynesia
- St. Bart’s
- St. Lucia
- United Arab Emirates
Travel requiring a 14-day quarantine:
- Puerto Rico – Unless you can provide proof of a negative molecular test prior to arrival.
- United Kingdom
While it may seem like it’s impossible to travel anywhere as an American during the COVID-19 pandemic, Americans still have options and many of them are some of the best places to see in the world.
Want to see a sample itinerary? Contact us and get a no-obligation itinerary customized for you. We can select dates that are convenient for you, flights to and from your home airport, hotel preferences, and even dining choices. Contact one of our concierges today!